ARKANSAS STATE/WICHITA STATE HISTORY
• This will be the fifth meeting between A-State and Wichita State all-time.
• The Series is tied at 2-2 all-time with each team having a road and home victory.
• The two teams played last season in Jonesboro with Wichita State winning 60-51.
• This will A-State's third trip to Wichita, Kansas. The last trip came during the 1996-97
season which resulted in a 75-65 loss.
• A-State did not allow the Shockers to hit a 3-pointer in the game in Jonesboro last season as the squad finished 0-7 from beyond the arc.
STREAKING NO MORE
• A-State had its streak of 125 straight games with a 3-pointer made snapped in Cancun on Nov. 29 when the Red Wolves went 0-8 from beyond th arc against Illinois.
• A-State has gone 5-plus year with making at least one 3-pointer in a game until Nov. 29. The last time A-State did not make a ‘3' was on Nov. 20, 2009 against Virginia Commonwealth when the Red Wolves went 0-11 from behind the 3-point line.
O'BANNON CHECKS OFF ANOTHER MILESTONE
• Sophomore forward Jalen O'Bannon recorded her first career double-double on Nov. 29 with 20 points and 12 rebounds against Illinois in the Cancun Challenge Tournament.
• She led the team with 14 points and 7.3 rebounds per contest during the 3-day tournament.
• She also hit a career best 14 free throws on a career high 16 attempts.
GAMBLE EARNS ALL-TOURNAMENT NOD
• Aundrea Gamble was named to the All-Tournament team at the Cancun Challenge Tournament over the Thanksgiving Holiday.
• The sophomore averaged 11 points, 6.3 rebounds and 4 assists per contest during the
tournament. She scored a team tournament-high 23 points against Arizona State.
A LONG TIME COMING
• A-State snapped a 29-game losing to Louisiana Tech with a 91-68 victory in Ruston, La., on Nov. 25. It was the first time since the 1991-92 season that A-State had defeated the Lady Techsters.
• The win was also the first for Arkansas State in Ruston, who had been 0-20 before Nov. 25. It also marked the first win for Coach Brian Boyer over LA Tech.
AMONG THE NATION'S BEST
• Hanna Qedan ranks 17th in the nation in free throw percentage at 92.6 percent which is also tops in the Sun Belt.
• Aundrea Gamble ranks 52nd in the nation in steals per game at with an average of 2.63, the mark also ranks second in the league.
• A-State ranks 86th in the nation in rebounding margin at 4.6, which is tops in the league.
WE LOVE THE 90s
• Arkansas State scored 92 points in its victory over Kent State on Nov. 22. That marked the first time that A-State had scored 90 points since it defeated Hampton 97-71 in the Brown Classic in Providence, Rhode Island.
• The last time the Red Wolves scored exactly 92 points in a game was during the 2002-03 season when it defeated North Texas 92-72.
• The Red Wolves scored 91 points in their next game at LA Tech marking the first time that the squad had scored at least 90 points in back-to-back games since the 2000-01 season. A-State scored 100 against FAU at the Fun in the Sun Classic in Cancun and then had 98 in Jonesboro against UAPB.
• Arkansas State has scored at least 90 points in back-to-back games five times.
• Arkansas State is embarking on a swing where it will play nine out of its 10 games away from Jonesboro. The stretch begins with a Nov. 25 game at Louisiana Tech, followed by a 3-game swing in Cancun Nov. 28-30. The Red Wolves will play at Wichita State on Dec. 12 before finally returning to Jonesboro Dec. 18 against Tennessee Tech. The stretch wraps up with a Texas swing against Texas A&M (Dec. 30), UT Arlington (Jan. 2) and Texas State (Jan. 4).
30 IS A SAFE BET
• Aundrea Gamble has scored 30 points in a game twice already this season.
• She already ranks second among active players for the most 30-point games in a career in the Sun Belt. Western Kentucky's Alexis Govan and A-State teammate Jane Morrill have two career 30-point to their credit.
• The last time an A-State player had two 30 point games in one season was during the 2011-12 campaign when Morrill had 31 point game against Texas A&M Corpus Christi and 30-point game against UT Martin.
• Adrianne Davie had 4, 30-point games in 2006-07, including back-to-back performances against South Alabama (34) and Louisiana-Monroe (38).
• Current A-State assistant coach Sonja Tate holds the record for most 30-point games in single season with 8 during the 1992-93 season.
A-STATE-UTM MAKING HISTORY
• UT Martin set a Convocation Center record for most 3-pointers by an A-State opponent during a women's basketball game by knocking 12 against the Red Wolves on Nov. 19.
• This is the second time that a Convocation Center record has fallen when the Red Wolves and Skyhawks have met in the Convo. During the 2011-12 season the Red Wolves broke the
Convocation Center record for highest field goal percentage in a game by hitting 63.2 percent of their attempts.
• Including exhibition games, A-State has scored at least 79 points in five games this season.
• The Red Wolves scored 79 or more points just twice in 2012-13.
RAISE THE STAKES
• Redshirt sophomore Aundrea Gamble had a double-double (30 points, 10 rebounds) in first career game as a Red Wolves basketball player Nov. 11 against Missouri State.
• She became the first player to record a double-double since Hanna Qedan had one on Jan. 24 at Troy.
• She is just the third A-State player to record a double-double in the last calender year.
• She was also named the Sun Belt Conference Player of the Week on Nov. 12 for her performance against the Lady Bears.
• CollegeSportsMadness.com named her their SBC Player of the Week on Nov. 18 after scoring 30 against Missouri State and adding another double-digit total against Austin Peay.
MORRILL TOPS SCORING LIST
• Senior forward Jane Morrill is the Sun Belt's career scoring leader among active players.
Rank Name School Points
1 Jane Morrill A-State 1,208
2 Taylor Gault UALR 1,064
3 Alexis Govan WKU 1,000
4 Ashley Ezeh TXST 928
5 Kendra Long GSU 901