2 dead from carbon monoxide poisoning - KAIT-Jonesboro, AR-News, weather, sports

Two dead from carbon monoxide poisoning in MO

Posted: Updated:

FRANKFORD, Mo. (AP) - Carbon monoxide poisoning is being blamed in the death of a couple in northeast Missouri.

The Hannibal Courier-Post (http://bit.ly/JhSqwM ) reports that 49-year-old Howard Stout and 48-year-old Theresa Stout died Wednesday night or Thursday morning in rural Pike County. They were found in a small camper where they had been living.

Coroner Jim Turner says the Stouts hooked up a propane tank and had a space heater in the camper, which apparently caused carbon monoxide poisoning. A relative found the couple about 10 a.m. Thursday. They were last seen alive about 3 p.m. the day before.

 

Information from: Hannibal Courier-Post, http://www.hannibal.net

Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

  • Slideshows in the NewsMore>>

Powered by WorldNow

472 Craighead Co. 766
Jonesboro, AR 72401
(870) 931-8888

FCC Public File
publicfile@kait8.com
(870) 336-1816
EEO Report
Closed Captioning

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Worldnow and KAIT. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.