Riding the momentum of a seven-game win streak, Arkansas opens its 23rd season of SEC play on Wednesday night at Texas A&M. The Razorbacks will be looking to snap a five-game skid in SEC road openers, as it marks the second straight year the two teams have met in College Station to start league play. Wednesday will be the first true road game for Arkansas, as its posted a 9-0 record at home and a 2-2 mark on a neutral court, including three games at the Maui Invitational.
@RazorbackMBB FAST BREAK FACTS
• Current seven-game win streak is tied for the 12th-longest in the country and equals the longest under coach Anderson.
• Have forced 142 turnovers over seven-game win streak while allowing just 138 made field goals.
• Haven't trailed in the last 109:45 of game action.
• Most non-conference win since 2008-09 (12-1).
• Lead the SEC and rank seventh in the nation in scoring (87.2).
• Only team in the SEC to score 100 points three times, which is the same total produced the
previous seven years combined.
• Only team in the SEC to score 72+ points in every game.
• Nine different players have reached double figures while six players have led the team in scoring.
• One of three SEC teams with four players averaging double-digits.
• Rank in the top 25 nationally in seventh different categories.
• Also lead the SEC in assists (17.2), scoring margin (+20.5), field goal percentage (.494), free
throw percentage (.713), assist/turnover ratio (1.4) and turnover margin (+7.1), a figure it has led the league in both years under coach Anderson.
• Turnover margin of +7.1 ranks fourth in the nation, while its out-scoring opponents by 13.5 per game in points off turnovers.
• Finished with equal or more assists than turnovers in all but one game, while opponents have accomplished the same feat twice.
• Won the turnover battle in 17 straight games dating back to last year and 66 of 77 games under coach Anderson.
• The Arkansas bench is averaging 41.6 points, has supplied a double figure scorer in all but one game and has out-scored the opposition 12 times resulting in a +18.5 per game margin.
• Averaging 90.7 points per game at home this season (9-0).
• Forced opponents into 20 turnovers 20 times (19-1), including six times this season, under
Anderson, while coming away with 10+ steals in 28 contests (21-7).
• Anderson's #Fastest40 style of play has resulted in his teams winning the turnover battle in 318 of 375 career games.
TWICE IS NICE
Freshman Bobby Portis earned his second SEC Freshman of the Week award on Monday, after posting his second double-double of the season against UTSA. Portis is just the second Razorback in program history to be named SEC Freshman of the Week multiple times. Current Houston Rocket guard Patrick Beverley won the award three times in 2006-07, and went on to be named the SEC Freshman of the Year. Portis is one of three SEC players to win the award multiple times this year.
STREAKS TO WATCH FOR
813 - Owning the sixth-longest streak in the country, Arkansas has made a three-pointer in 813 straight games. The Razorbacks made a three in every game in the decade of the ‘90s and ‘00s, and have failed to hit a three in a game just six times in 888 contests since the three was added to college basketball.
43 - The Razorbacks have 43 consecutive home games against unranked opponents, dating back to 2009.
23 - Arkansas has won 23 straight home games at Bud Walton Arena, good for a tie for the fourth longest streak in the nation.
17 - The #Fastest40 style of head coach Mike Anderson has led to the Razorbacks winning the turnover battle in 17 straight games dating back to last season. Of those 17 games, Arkansas has forced 20+ turnovers seven times (7-0).
15 - The SEC's top scoring team and sixth in the nation (87.2), Arkansas has scored 70+ points in 15 straight game dating back to last season, the longest streak since the program's longest streak of 39 games came over the final 18 games of the 1993-94 National Championship year and the first 21 contests of the 1994-95 season in which the Razorbacks went back to the title game.
9 - Freshman Bobby Portis has reached double figures in nine straight games, the longest streak by a Razorback since BJ Young went nine games last year. Young went 15 straight games from the end of his freshman season to his sophomore campaign.
7 - Arkansas current seven-game win streak is the 12th-longest in the nation and equals the longest under Anderson, which came in his first season (2011-12).
3 - Over the last three games, the Razorbacks have come away with double figure steals in each of those contests for a total of 41. It's the longest streak since Anderson's opening five games at Arkansas. The Razorbacks have also forced 20+ turnovers in three straight games for the first time since the opening three contests of 2010-11.
472 Craighead Co. 766
Jonesboro, AR 72401