Harding's Kristen Celsor named GAC Women's Basketball Player of the Week
RUSSELLVILLE, Ark. (GreatAmericanConference.com) - Southern Nazarene's Quan Conner and Harding's Kristen Celsor won the Great American Conference's men's and women's Player of the Week awards for their performances during the 10th week of the 2013-14 regular season.
GAC MEN'S BASKETBALL PLAYER OF THE WEEK - Quan Conner, Southern Nazarene, G, Sr., Waukegan, Ill.
Conner tied his career high with seven 3-pointers in an 84-70 home win against Southern Arkansas on Saturday. He set that mark against SAU at home in the 2012-13 season. With 29 points in the win, He came within one point of tying his career high. During the weekend, he also averaged 5.5 rebounds, 4.0 assists and 4.0 steals.
GAC WOMEN'S BASKETBALL PLAYER OF THE WEEK - Kristen Celsor, Harding, F, Sr., Searcy, Ark.
Celsor scored a career-high 36 points in the Lady Bisons' 92-75 win against Henderson State. It marked the fourth time this season that she has scored at least 30 points in a game. She added 12 points against Ouachita Baptist as the No. 8 Lady Bisons improved to a program-best 14-0. In GAC play, she has averaged 23.5 points per game with a 59.6 field goal percentage.
NOTABLE MEN'S NOMINEES
- Colby Carr, G, Sr., East Central (Averaged 19.0 PPG and made 14-of-28 shots vs Northwestern Oklahoma State and SWOSU)
- Will Francis, F, Fr., Harding (His 27 points vs OBU represented the most in a game for an HU freshman since 2008)
- D'Audrio Patton, F, Jr., Arkansas-Monticello (Recorded his first double-double - 26 points and 10 rebs - vs Ecclesia College)
- Nemo Sanchez, G, Jr., Southern Arkansas (Made five 3-point field goals in a game for the third time this season)
- Trent Washington, G, Jr., Southwestern Oklahoma State (Led SWOSU in scoring in two road wins; kept Bulldogs in first place)
- Bruce Wright, F, Sr., Northwestern Oklahoma State (Shot 56.0 percent and averaged 17.0 points vs ECU and Southeastern)
NOTABLE WOMEN'S NOMINEES
- Abby Boyd, G, Fr., Southern Nazarene (Set career highs in points, 26, rebounds, 7, and 3-point field goals, 4, vs SAU)
- Kierra Gilmore, G, Sr., Northwestern Oklahoma State (Made 7-of-12 3-pt FG during the weekend; beat GAC-leading SE)
- Jalyn Jackson, F, Fr., East Central (Averaged 13.5 rebounds in wins against Northwestern Oklahoma State and SWOSU)