JONESBORO (AStateRedWolves.com) - The Arkansas State women's basketball team will take on Georgia State Tuesday, January 14 for a Sun Belt Conference game at 7:05 p.m. in the Convocation Center. The Red Wolves enter the matchup with a four-game winning streak in league play and are winners in six of their last seven games, which include victories over Tennessee Tech, Central Arkansas, Texas-Arlington, Texas State, Troy and South Alabama. A-State will be looking to go 5-0 in league play for the first time since it started 5-0 during the 2006-07 season and advanced to the WNIT at the end of the year. The game can be heard on 95.3FM/970AM KNEA or online at AStateRedWolves.com
Junior forward Jasmine Hunt is coming off a career performance against South Alabama in which she scored 17 points off the bench to lead the Red Wolves to victory. It was the first time in her career that she had scored in double-digits, while junior guard Hanna Qedan led the team in scoring with 18 points. The Red Wolves have four players averaging in double figures entering Tuesday night's game, including Aundrea Gamble (17.9), Jane Morrill (11.8), Hanna Qedan (11.6) and Jalen O'Bannon (10.6).
Georgia State is coming into the matchup having lost two straight games to at Western Kentucky and at Troy. The Panthers are 5-19 overall on the year and 1-2 in the SBC.
ARKANSAS STATE/GEORGIA STATE HISTORY
• This is the first meeting between Arkansas State and Georgia State.
DJ JAZZY JAS CAREER HIGH
• Junior forward Jasmine Hunt had a career high 17 points in the Red Wolves 73-60 victory over South Alabama on Jan. 11. The total nearly doubled her previous career high of 9 points.
DON'T CALL IT A COMEBACK
• In each of A-State's four conference victories this season, the team has trailed by at least eight points in the second half before coming back to earn the win.
• In four of A-State's five road victories this season, the team has had to over come a second half deficit to earn the victory.
• In two of the victories (Austin Peay and UT Arlington) the Red Wolves trailed by double digits with 10 minutes to play before earning the victory.
ALL ALONE AT THE TOP
• Arkansas State is the only team in the Sun Belt Conference without a loss through the leagues' first week and a half of competition.
• A-State is just one of two teams (men's & women's) to remain undefeated in league play.
Georgia State is undefeated on the men's side but will play the A-State men's team on Thursday.
BEST START SINCE....
• A-State is 4-0 in conference play for the first time since the 2006-07 season when the team started 5-0 and advanced to the WNIT at the end of the year.
• The best start ever for an A-State team in conference play is 7-0 during the 1996-97 season.
• Arkansas State started 6-0 in 1992-93 and also had a 5-0 start in 1991-92 both under the