Arkansas (11-4, 0-2) vs. No. 13/12 Kentucky (12-3, 2-0)
Date: Tuesday, January 14, 2014
Time: 8:05 P.M.
City: Fayetteville, Ark.
Site: Bud Walton Arena (19,200)
Talent: Brad Nessler (P-B-P), Jimmy Dykes (Analyst) & Shannon Spake (Reporter)
Audio: Razorback/IMG Sports Network
Talent: Chuck Barrett (P-B-P) & Rick Schaeffer (Analyst)
Live Blog & Live Stats: www.ArkansasRazorbacks.com
Hashtags: #Fastest40 | #WeHOGS
Current Streak: L2
Last 5 Games: 3-2 | Last 10 Games: 7-3
Home Record: 9-1 | Current Streak: L1
Vs. Ranked Teams At BWA: 33-22
Vs. Kentucky: 9-5 | Streak: W1
Vs. Kentucky At BWA: 6-5
Last Meeting: Arkansas, 73-60 • March 2, 2013
AT A GLANCE
Looking to rebound from its first loss at Bud Walton Arena since 2012, Arkansas hosts its second straight ranked opponent in No. 13/12 Kentucky as the second part of ESPN Super Tuesday at 8 p.m. The 35th meeting between two of the three program's in the SEC that have won a National Championship features the top two scoring teams in the SEC, as the Razorbacks lead the way at 84.5 points per night to rank 15th in the nation. Arkansas' 23-game home win streak came to a heart-breaking end on Saturday in an 84-82 overtime loss against No. 10/11 Florida.
ARKANSAS FAST BREAK FACTS
• First time Arkansas has hosted back-to-back ranked opponents since 2010, when it closed non
conference vs. No. 24 UAB and No. 2 Texas at Bud Walton Arena.
• Trailed for a total of 36:45 at home over 405 minutes in 10 games, and haven't trailed at all in
• Averaging 89.8 points per game at home this season (9-1).
• Lead the SEC and rank 15th in the nation in scoring (84.5).
• Only team in the SEC to score 100 points three times, which is the same total produced the
previous seven years combined.
• Only team in the SEC to be held below 70 points one time.
• Nine different players have reached double figures while six players have led the team in scoring.
• One of three SEC teams with four players averaging double-digits.
• Also lead the SEC in assists (16.7), scoring margin (+16.6), field goal percentage (.476),
assist/turnover ratio (1.4) and turnover margin (+6.3), a figure it has led the league in both years
under coach Anderson.
• Turnover margin of +6.3 ranks fourth in the nation, while its out-scoring opponents by 11.7 per
game in points off turnovers.
• Finished with equal or more assists than turnovers in all but one game, while opponents have
accomplished the same feat just three times.
• Won the turnover battle in 18 of last 19 games dating back to last year and 67 of 79 games under
• The Arkansas bench is averaging 38.6 points, has supplied a double figure scorer in all but two
games and has out-scored the opposition 12 times resulting in a +14.9 per game margin.
• Forced opponents into 20 turnovers 20 times (19-1), including six times this season, under
Anderson, while coming away with 10+ steals in 28 contests (21-7).
• Anderson's #Fastest40 style of play has resulted in his teams winning the turnover battle in 319 of
377 career games.
HEAD COACHING MATCHUP
Head Coach: Mike Anderson (Tulsa '82)
Record at Arkansas: 48-31 (3rd Season)
Overall Record: 248-129 (12th Season)
Vs. Kentucky: 2-2
Head Coach: John Calipari (Clarion '82)
Record at Kentucky: 135-29 (5th Season)
Overall Record: 580-169 (22nd Season)
Vs. Arkansas: 5-4
• Currently ranked No. 13 in the Associated Press Top 25 Poll and No. 12 USA Today Coaches Poll.
• Snapped a four-game SEC road losing streak at Vanderbilt.
• Sport the youngest team in the nation based on experience, according to KenPom.com with nine
freshmen seeing time.
• Third in the nation in rebounding margin (+12.7), winning the battle on the boards in 14 of 15
contests, including a double-digit margin in 11 games.
• Second in the SEC in scoring (80.5), featuring four freshmen in double figures.
• A freshman has led the team in scoring in 14 of 15 games.
• Held below 70 points just twice (1-1) and own a 7-0 record when scoring 80+ points.
• Freshman Julius Randle leads the team in scoring (16.7) and is first in the SEC in rebounding
• Randle is second in the SEC in offensive rebounds (3.9), accounting for 12 of the team's 27 off.
caroms in league play.