A Winter Weather Warning has been issued for the Pine Belt and will be in effect between 6AM and 6PM Tuesday.
Tonight, the frozen precipitation will hold off, leaving us with cold and windy weather with lows in the mid 20s and winds out of the north at 15mph.
Tuesday, sleet, and freezing rain will be possible in the morning but that should transition to snow during the afternoon. Depending on your location, a trace to as much as 4 inches of snow will be possible.
Unfortunately, with highs forecast in the low 30s Tuesday, mother nature will not offer much assistance with melting. Adding insult to injury, we'll only rise above the freezing mark for a few hours Wednesday. This means that we'll be at the mercy of road crews when it comes to improving driving conditions.
It's important to continue to monitor the forecast over the next 24 hours as changing variables may force modifications to our accumulation predictions.
You can keep up with WDAM's forecasts in many ways.
• App on an Android phone: http://tinyurl.com/74xh8dd
• App on an iPhone: http://tinyurl.com/blknf2y
• On a computer: www.wdam.com/weather
• Email Alerts: http://tinyurl.com/cw5vmxj
• Text message alerts: http://tinyurl.com/cw5vmxj
• Facebook alerts page: http://on.fb.me/1iTI6bK
Copyright 2014 WDAM. All rights reserved.