Deep freezer sparks fire at apartment complex - KAIT-Jonesboro, AR-News, weather, sports

Deep freezer sparks fire at apartment complex

Posted: Updated:
BILOXI, MS (WLOX) -

Biloxi fire crews spent Sunday afternoon extinguishing a fire at an apartment complex caused by an electrical short in a deep freezer.

Fire officials said they responded to reports of people trapped inside a two story apartment that was on fire at Palm Isle Apartments in Biloxi. By the time fire crews arrived at the scene, everyone had safely evacuated the building.

The fire was put out after a short time, and then smoke was cleared from the unit. The cause of the fire was discovered to be an electrical short in a deep freezer.

Officials said the unit suffered minor smoke damage and no other units were involved.

Copyright 2014 WLOX. All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow

472 Craighead Co. 766
Jonesboro, AR 72401
(870) 931-8888

FCC Public File
publicfile@kait8.com
(870) 336-1816
EEO Report
Closed Captioning

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Worldnow and KAIT. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.