Arkansas (12-6, 1-4) vs. Auburn (8-8, 0-5)
Date: Tuesday, January 28, 2014
Time: 6:00 P.M.
City: Fayetteville, Ark.
Site: Bud Walton Arena (19,200)
Online Video: ESPN3
Talent: Joe Davis (P-B-P) & Jimmy Dykes (Analyst)
Audio: Razorback/IMG Sports Network
Talent: Chuck Barrett (P-B-P) & Rick Schaeffer
Live Stats: www.ArkansasRazorbacks.com
Hashtags: #Fastest40 | #WeHOGS
Current Streak: W1
Last 5 Games: 2-3 | Last 10 Games: 6-4
Home Record: 11-1 | Current Streak: W2
Vs. Missouri: 20-19 | Streak: L1
Vs. Missouri At BWA: 6-0
Last Meeting: Missouri, 93-63 • March 5, 2013
AT A GLANCE
Arkansas opens Rivalry Week on ESPN by hosting Missouri on Tuesday night with Joe Davis and Jimmy Dykes on the call for ESPNU. Tuesday will be the 40th meeting between the two programs and the 350th game played at Bud Walton Arena where the Razorbacks own an all-time record of 282-67. Arkansas' success at BWA has been revived under head coach MIKE ANDERSON, who picked up his 250th career win on Saturday against Auburn. Under Anderson, the Razorbacks are 45-5 at home, including 11-1 this season thanks to 89.2 points per game.
RAZORBACK FAST BREAK FACTS
• Won 25 of the last 26 games at Bud Walton Arena, including 11 of the last 12 SEC contests.
• Trailed for a total of 42:44 at home over 490 minutes in 12 games, and haven't trailed at all in six contests.
• Averaging 89.2 points per game at home this season (11-1).
• Played three straight overtime games vs. Florida, vs. Kentucky and at Georgia, a first in program history ... previous three overtime games came over a span of 101 contests.
• Lead the SEC and rank 16th in the nation in scoring (82.9).
• Only team in the SEC to score 100 points three times, which is the same total produced the
previous seven years combined.
• 10 different players have reached double figures while six players have led the team in scoring.
• Also lead the SEC in assists (16.2), assist/turnover ratio (1.4) and turnover margin (+6.4), a figure It has led the league in both years under coach Anderson.
• Turnover margin of +6.4 ranks third in the nation, while its out-scoring opponents by 10.3 per
game in points off turnovers.
• Won the turnover battle by double-digits five times and have scored 20+ points off turnovers in 11 games.
• Finished with equal or more assists than turnovers in 17 games, while opponents have
accomplished the same feat just three times.
• Own a 5-0 record when passing out 20+ assists while coach Anderson is 80-1 all-time when his teams accomplish the feat.
• Won the turnover battle in 22 of last 23 games dating back to last year and 71 of 83 games under coach Anderson.
• The Arkansas bench is averaging 35.2 points, has supplied a double figure scorer in all but three games and has out-scored the opposition 15 times resulting in a +14.1 per game margin.
• Forced opponents into 20 turnovers 20 times (19-1), including six times (6-0) this season, under Anderson, while coming away with 10+ steals in 29 contests (22-7).
• Anderson's #Fastest40 style of play has resulted in his teams winning the turnover battle in 323 of 381 career games.
Tuesday's game features the only two players to rank in the top 10 in scoring and top five in field goal percentage in SEC play in Arkansas' RASHAD MADDEN and Missouri's Jabari Brown. In fact, both Madden and Brown are coming of 24-point nights in their last outing. Madden's career-high 24-point night vs. Auburn featured 19 of the team's final 37 points and was his team-high third 20-point game. Looking deeper, Madden and Brown rank in the top 10 in five categories together in league play; scoring, field goal percentage, free throw percentage, three-pointers per game and three-point percentage.
HEAD COACHING MATCHUP
Head Coach: Mike Anderson (Tulsa '82)
Record at Arkansas: 50-33 (3rd Season)
Overall Record: 250-131 (12th Season)
Vs. Missouri: 1-1
Head Coach: Frank Haith (Elon '88)
Record at Missouri: 63-20 (3rd Season)
Overall Record: 192-121 (9th Season)
Vs. Arkansas: 1-1
• Part of a six-way tie for fifth in the SEC standings at 3-3 and 15-4 overall.
• Own a 2-2 record on the road with wins over N.C. State and Auburn, while the two losses have come by a combined nine points at LSU and Vanderbilt.
• Sport the top scoring duo in the SEC in junior Jabari Brown and junior Jordan Clarkson at a
combined 38.3 points per.
• Either Brown or Clarkson has led the team in scoring in 17 of 19 games, including 12 straight, while both players have reached double figures all 19 games and have a combined 19 20-point outings.
• Brown leads the SEC in scoring at 19.5 points per game and has scored 20 points in four straight contests.
• Clarkson is third in the SEC at 18.8 points per night.
• Senior Earnest Ross completes the three-headed backcourt monster with 14.0 points and 6.7
rebounds per game.
• Ross has 1,114 career points, good for fourth among active SEC players.