JONESBORO (AStateRedWolves.com) - A-State will host Illinois State for a four-game series at Tomlinson Stadium. The Red Wolves are 0-3 all-time against the Redbirds with the last meeting coming in 1974. Friday and Sunday's games will be on 95.3FM/970AM KNEA while Saturday's contest will be on 101.3FM/1230 KBTM. Friday and Sunday's games will also be broadcast in the State Zone on AStateRedWolves.com For in-game updates follow @AStateGameDay for the latest information. For the the latest on the A-State Baseball team follow them on Twitter (@AStateBaseball).
A-STATE/ILLINOIS STATE SERIES HISTORY
• This will be just the 4th meeting all-time between A-State and Illinois State with the Redbirds winning each of the three previous meetings.
• The last meeting between the schools was during the 1974 season.
BURGESS MAKES BIG FIRST IMPRESSION
• Sophomore infielder Matt Burgess had a huge start to his A-State career by going 6-for-9 with six RBIs and two doubles.
BAKER STEALS THE WEEKEND
• Austin Baker went 4-for-4 in stolen bases in A-State's opening weekend series against Miami (OH), including two in the opening game.
• This is the second straight season in which Baker has had an impressive start to the season. As a freshman in 2013 he hit a home run in his first collegiate at-bat.
• Baker finished the weekend 5-for-9 with five RBIs and seven total basses, inlcuding a triple.
STRINGING TOGETHER EXTRA BASE HITS
• Arkansas State had seven straight extra base hits in its 13-3 victory over Miami (OH) Sunday Feb. 16.
• For the weekend the Red Wolves had 14 extra base hits, including 13 doubles.
OPENING SERIES SWEEP TWICE AS NICE
• The Arkansas State baseball team opened the 2014 season with a three-game sweep of Miami (Ohio, marking the second year in a row the squad has opened the season with a three-game series sweep.
• Prior to 2013 sweep, the only other it had happened was during the 1971 season.