Clarisa Navarro named SEC Softball Co-Player of the Week
BIRMINGHAM (SECDigitalNetwork.com) - The Southeastern Conference announced its softball superlatives on Monday.
Co-Players of the Week
Clarisa Navarro • Arkansas
Senior • La Joya, Texas
• Tallied a team-high 12 RBI and registered 10 hits and scored 10 runs during an undefeated week for Arkansas. She had at least one hit, RBI and run scored in each game and reached base safely twice in five of six games last week.
• Navarro turned in a career-best performance with five RBI in the Razorbacks' 20-1 win over North Dakota, helping the team to a program-best run total.
• Defensively, the senior shortstop did not commit an error in 21 chances, posted a team-high 14 assists and was part of turning three double plays.
Geri Ann Glasco • Georgia
Sophomore • Watkinsville, Ga.
• Led all hitters with a .500 batting average through six games last week also led all players with 12 RBI.
• Became the first player in school history to hit two grand slams in a single game, also became the fifth player to hit a grand slam in school history.
• Slugged 1.313 through six games and reached base in each of the six games last week
• Also saw time in the circle, going 3-0 with a 1.05 ERA; threw one shutout and combined for another and threw one complete game
• Allowed just two earned runs in 13.1 innings of work; struck out 13 batters.
Pitcher of the Week
Ellen Renfroe • Tennessee
Senior • Jackson, Tenn.
• Renfroe recorded her 800th career strikeout in the win against No. 11/12 Nebraska. She is just the second UT player to reach 800 strikeouts, trailing only legend Monica Abbott (NCAA Record 2,440).
• Earned a pair of wins over ranked opponents, going seven strong with nine strikeouts and just one earned run allowed to defeat No. 11/12 Nebraska and throwing seven inning with seven strikeouts and no earned runs in a win over No. 13/11 Stanford.
• Earned her first save of the season against Oregon State, pitching the final 2.1 frames with five strikeouts and one earned run allowed.
• She earned the win in relief as UT rallied back late to defeat Fresno State late on Sunday. Renfroe tossed three scoreless frames with one strikeout.
Freshman of the Week
Nickie Blue • South Carolina
Pitcher • Longmont, Calif.
• Appeared in all five games, picking up one win in relief and two saves in four appearances out of the pen.
• In her only start, she tossed her first complete-game shutout against Michigan State.
• Dominated in her three innings against UNC Wilmington, fanning the first five batters she faced in her second career save.
• In 15.0 innings of work, allowed no earned runs on 11 hits, walked three and struckout 16.