Spark ignites grass fire at Mtn. Home golf course - KAIT-Jonesboro, AR-News, weather, sports

Spark ignites grass fire at Mtn. Home golf course

Posted: Updated:

MOUNTAIN HOME, AR (AP) - A spark from construction work is blamed for a grass fire that burned two acres surrounding two holes at Big Creek Golf and Country Club in Mountain Home.

The Baxter Bulletin reports (http://bit.ly/1ms7yGb ) that the fire began just after 10 a.m. Monday and was extinguished within about 15 minutes with no injuries or structure damage reported.

Authorities say a worker was cutting cement when he struck steel - creating the spark that started the fire.

Baxter County is one of 23 counties listed by the Arkansas Forestry Commission has having a burn ban in place.

Information from: The Banner-News, http://www.bannernews.net

Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Powered by WorldNow

472 Craighead Co. 766
Jonesboro, AR 72401
(870) 931-8888

FCC Public File
publicfile@kait8.com
(870) 336-1816
EEO Report
Closed Captioning

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Worldnow and KAIT. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.