JONESBORO, AR--(KAIT) A Jonesboro man claims someone broke into his business and stole several items, including a toilet.
David Jones, owner of Designer's Touch Beauty Salon located at 818 N. Church St., reported the burglary on Thursday, March 13.
Jones said the police department notified him on March 3 that the roof of his business had collapsed due to the weight of accumulated sleet.
According to the initial police report, due to the damage Jones was unable to enter the business until Wednesday, March 12.
When entered the salon, Jones reportedly discovered several items missing, both inside and outside of the building.
Among the items he reported stolen were a Frigidaire stackable washer and dryer, a 50-gallon water heater, a Rheem 3-ton air conditioner, a vanity and a toilet.
Jones also stated a large amount of metal exterior siding was also missing.
There are no named suspects at this time.
Other incidents reported between Thursday, March 13, and Friday, March 14:
- 10:26 a.m. Thursday—A 30-year-old Beebe woman reported a named male suspect from Paragould had stolen her debit card and used it in Jonesboro and several other cities.
- 11:12 a.m. Thursday—A 58-year-old Jonesboro woman told police someone stole several items from her home on Country Brooke during an unspecified time.
- 12:20 p.m. Thursday—Danny Walker, 53, of Bay was charged with driving while intoxicated following a crash at the intersection of Ely Walker and Nestle Road. He was taken to a local hospital for treatment.
- 2:15 p.m. Thursday—Chennelle L. Tibbs, 43, and Jennifer L. Phillips, 35, both of Jonesboro were arrested and charged with shoplifting $1,000 or less at Dollar General, 101 E. Johnson. Phillips was also charged with possession of a controlled substance without a prescription. She was placed on a hold for an outstanding warrant in Poinsett County.
- 5:47 p.m. Thursday—Toya Nicole Mack, 22, of Jonesboro was cited for possession of a controlled substance/marijuana following a traffic stop in the 900-block of Hope Street. Her passenger, Antwaun Deshaun Stokes, 23, of Jonesboro was arrested and charged with felony probation violation.
- 1:30 a.m. Friday—A 19-year-old woman told police a named female suspect intentionally struck her car at the intersection of Burke and Union. An officer was unable to locate the suspect's car.
- 2:39 a.m. Friday—Erica Robinson, 27, of Jonesboro was charged with driving while intoxicated after an officer reported her crossing the center line. Her parole/probation officer requested a hold be placed on her.
The charges in these arrests are merely an accusation and the defendant is presumed innocent unless proven guilty.