JONESBORO (AStateRedWolves.com) - The Arkansas State baseball team will host Texas State for a three-game Sun Belt Conference this Friday, Saturday and Sunday at Tomlinson Stadium. Both teams enter the weekend with 5-1 league records are looking to take sole possession of second place in the SBC standings. The Red Wolves are coming off a 1-1 record in midweek action after a comeback victory against Memphis on Tuesday followed by a 5-4 setback against Missouri State on the road.
Arkansas State is riding a five-game winning streak at Kell Field, including four straight at home in conference play.
All three games can be heard on 95.3FM The Ticket/970AM KNEA and in the StateZone at AStateRedWolves.com. Additionally, live video will be available in the StateZone with a paid subscription.
A-STATE/TEXAS STATE SERIES HISTORY
• Friday night's game will be just the third meeting all-time between the A-State and Texas State.
• Both previous meetings took place in the 2009 season at the UT Arlington Invitational
• A-State won the first game 4-3 in 10 innings, but the Bobcats defeated A-Staet 3-2 in the final game of the tournament.
• Texas State head coach Ty Harrington was an assistant at Arkansas State from 1992-94 under then head coach Bill Bethea.
• Harrington was a member of the 1994 coaching staff that led A-State to the 1994 Sun Belt Conference Championship and an NCAA Regional appereance.
FROM A TO Z FRESHMEN PITCHERS STRONG IN RELIEF
• A-State freshmen relievers Bryan Ayers and Tyler Zuber combined to pitch 9 innings of shutout baseball in back-to-back relief apperances on March 25-26.
• Zuber pitched five innings in relief against Memphis on March 25 and gave up just two hits and struck out three in the performance.
• Ayers tossed four shutout innings in relief against Missouri State on March 26 while giving up just one hit and striking out four.
NO FENCE NO PROBLEM
• Austin Baker hit an inside the park home run against Memphis on March 25 with one runner on base.
• The last inside the park home run was by Todd Baumgartner on March 23, 2011 against Lyon College.
YOU CAN'T CATCH THEM
• Arkansas State has stolen 16 straight bases on the season without being thrown out.
• Lucas Feddersen leads the team with five stolen bases during the span.
• Feddersen was the last A-State player to be thrown out on March 10 against Creighton.
CROFT SOLIDIFIES BULLPEN
• Since permantently moving to the bullpen on March 10, A-State senior pitcher senior Morgan Croft has not allowed a run in his last 11.1 innings.
• Croft has also collected three saves during that time and has given up just two hits and five walks.
WOODHOUSE FINDS ROLE IN THE PEN
• Senior pitcher Cody Woodhouse has been dominant coming out of the bullpen this season for the Red Wolves. He has allowed just five runs in 22.1 innings of work (4 of which came in his outing at UTA on March 23).
STRANGE BUT TRUE FACTS
• A-State is a perfect 10-0 when collecting at least 10 hits in a game this season.
• The 3rd and 7th innings have been A-State inning's to produce this season. A-State has out scored its opponents by a combined 61-19 in those innings.
• When leading after 7 innings the Red Wolves are 14-1 and are a perfect 14-0 when leading after 8 innings.
• A-State's Dustin Jones ranks 22nd in the nation in consecutive starts in the nation at 127.