FAYETTEVILLE (ArkansasRazorbacks.com) - The Arkansas baseball team puts a five-game winning streak on the line this weekend, traveling to No. 16 Mississippi State for a three-game series at Dudy Noble Field.
Arkansas will take on its first ranked opponent this weekend, as Mississippi State is ranked No. 16 in the country by three different polls, including the USA Today Coaches Poll, while being ranked as high as No. 13 by Perfect Game. The Razorbacks are receiving votes in the National Collegiate Baseball Writers Association (NCBWA) top 30 poll.
PROJECTED PITCHING MATCHUPS
Friday (6:30 p.m.)
LHP Jalen Beeks (Jr., 3-2, 1.56) vs. RHP Preston Brown (So., 3-0, 1.12)
Saturday (2:00 p.m.)
RHP Trey Killian (So., 1-3, 2.36) vs. LHP Ross Mitchell (Jr., 4-1, 1.66)
Sunday (1:30 p.m.)
RHP Chris Oliver (Jr., 2-2, 1.74) vs. RHP Trevor Fitts (Jr., 2-1, 3.13)
The complete game notes packet can be found here. For updates throughout the weekend, follow @RazorbackBSB on Twitter.
• The Razorbacks currently have the longest winning streak in the SEC at five games.
• The Razorbacks have scored first in 15 of their 16 wins and are 14-0 when leading after six innings, 14-0 when leading after seven innings and 15-0 when leading after eight innings.
• Entering the week, Arkansas ranked 5th in the NCAA in team earned-run average, 6th in hits allowed per nine innings and 13th in WHIP. The Razorbacks also lead the SEC with eight pickoffs.
• Arkansas has three shutouts in the last four games, as the Razorbacks have only given up two runs over the last 40.1 innings dating back to the third inning of game two in the Alabama series.
• The Razorbacks have won at least one game in 19 straight SEC series dating back to the 2012 season.
• Trey Killian is one of only two pitchers in the SEC with multiple complete games after the sophomore tossed back-to-back complete games against Florida and Alabama. The sophomore is the reigning SEC Pitcher of the Week and is tied for the league lead with three walks issued in 26.2 innings of work.
• In the latest NCAA attendance report, Arkansas ranks No. 3 in the country in average attendance at 7,658 fans per game, sitting only behind Mississippi State and LSU. The Southeastern Conference holds the top five spots in the report. The Razorbacks have ranked in the top five nationally in average attendance each of the last nine years.