Missouri's Keaton Steele named SEC Co-Pitcher of the Week
BIRMINGHAM (SECDigitalNetwork.com) - The Southeastern Conference announced its weekly baseball honors.
PLAYER OF THE WEEK
Grayson Greiner • South Carolina
Senior • C • Columbia, S.C.
• Greiner hit a walk-off grand slam with two outs in the bottom of
the 9th inning to lift South Carolina to a 9-6 win over Tennessee on
Saturday. His play along with Jordan Gore's walk-off homer was No. 1 on
SportsCenter's Top 10 plays of the day.
• Greiner hit .438 (7-for-16) for the series with seven RBI, a .438
on-base percentage and a .688 slugging percentage. He caught all 32
innings for the Gamecocks this weekend as well.
CO-PITCHERS OF THE WEEK
Keaton Steele • Missouri
Senior • RHP • St. Joseph, Mo.
• Dominated in a pair of relief appearances, earning his sixth and seventh saves of the season, a mark that leads the SEC.
• Shortened the game for the Tigers in each of their first two
wins in the Auburn series, helping Mizzou win its first road SEC series
since defeating Georgia last April while securing its first series win
over a ranked opponent on the road since 2009.
• In game one of the series in front of a national TV audience
on ESPNU, Auburn put runners on base in every inning until Steele
entered the game for a shut-down, six-out save, needing just 22 pitches
to register his sixth save of the year in a 4-3, one-run Tiger win …
Auburn did not reach base against the Tiger closer.
• Came back in the next game and got the final four outs,
including stranding a pair of runners in scoring position in the eighth
• Did not allow a hit or a walk as no runner reached base against him on the weekend.
• He helped Mizzou to its second and third wins over a ranked opponent this season.
Jon Keller • Alabama
Junior • LHP • Maylene, Ala.
a complete game in a 3-1 win over No. 9 Ole Miss on Sunday to help the
Crimson Tide secure its first series sweep of the Rebels since 2006 …
Keller set a career-high by throwing nine innings, surpassing his
previous career-high of seven innings … Keller blanked the Rebels while
striking out seven, walking one and allowing four singles over the final
the series, Ole Miss was second in the SEC in batting average and third
in the conference in home runs … Keller is tied for second in the SEC
with five wins, while posting a 1.50 ERA in 42 innings pitched this
FRESHMAN OF THE WEEK
Robert Tyler • Georgia
RHP • Cordele, Ga.
• Notched his first career SEC win by tying career-high with 8
scoreless innings in Georgia's series-clinching victory over No. 22
Texas A&M...Did not walk a batter and scattered seven singles with
six strikeouts...Improved to 2-2 with a team-best 1.54 ERA and team-high
41 IP this season.
• Currently 1-2 with a 2.08 ERA in three SEC starts all against top
25 foes...Has worked at least six innings in his last four starts
coming against Ga. Tech, #24 Miss. State, #6 LSU and #22 Texas A&M.