ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (MILB.com) - Minor League Baseball™ announced today that it is has formed a partnership with CBS Sports Network. Beginning today and running through early August, CBS Sports Network will serve as the home of Minor League Baseball's "Game of the Week" during the 2014 season.
The first five games of the schedule have been determined and are as follows:
- May 1: Indianapolis Indians (Pirates) vs. Pawtucket Red Sox (Red Sox), 6:05 p.m. CT
- May 8: Lehigh Valley IronPigs (Phillies) vs. Charlotte Knights (White Sox), 6:05 p.m. CT
- May 15: Albuquerque Isotopes (Dodgers) vs. Fresno Grizzlies (Giants), 9:05 p.m. CT
- May 22: Durham Bulls (Rays) vs. Columbus Clippers (Indians), 6:05 p.m. CT
- May 29: Iowa Cubs (Cubs) vs. Memphis Redbirds (Cardinals), 7:05 p.m. CT
Additional game dates will be announced at a later date and could feature multiple classifications of play ranging from Single-A™ to Triple-A®. Each week's matchup will be anchored by three-time Kentucky Sportscaster of the year, Dick Gabriel, and former Major League Baseball player Doug Flynn, a two-time World Series Champion with the Cincinnati Reds and Gold Glove winner with the New York Mets.
"We look forward to exposing even more fans to the excitement of Minor League Baseball, from top prospects working their way up to the major leagues to the fun and engaging elements our fans enjoy at our ballparks," Minor League Baseball President & CEO Pat O'Conner, said. "We feel this partnership with CBS Sports Network will truly capture the emotion of our game to a national audience week after week."
The partnership between Minor League Baseball and CBS Sports Network was formed in conjunction with JMI Sports and its Chief Executive Officer, Erik Judson. JMI Sports, based in San Diego, Calif., is a leading provider of sales, marketing, and project management and multi-media rights management services to universities, professional teams, and municipalities.