JONESBORO (AStateRedWolves.com) - The Arkansas State baseball team will play host to the biggest Sun Belt Conference series to date when it hosts No. 2 Louisiana-Lafayette at Tomlinson Stadium May 2-4. The Ragin' Cajuns enter the weekends' games ranked No. 2 in the USA Today's Coaches' Poll and No. 3 in the Baseball America and NCBWA polls.
A-State is in second place in the SBC standings and are just four-games behind the first-place Ragin' Cajuns. The Red Wolves have lost just one SBC game at home this year and will be looking to extend their home winning streak which currently stands at seven games.
ULL is the highest ranked team to ever play at the Tom but A-State has beaten a No. 2 ranked team Ole Miss back in 2008.
The game can be heard on 95.3FM The Ticket/970AM KNEA and in the StateZone.
A-STATE/ULL SERIES HISTORY
• Louisiana-Lafayette leads the all-time series 70-36.
• The Ragin' Cajuns swept A-State in Lafayette in 2013.
• This will be the second time the A-State and ULL have played a series in which the Ragin' Cajuns were ranked in the national polls. ULL was ranked No. 17 in 2005 and played a three-game set in Jonesboro and took two of three games for Arkansas State.
• This will be the Ragin' Cajuns first trip to Jonesboro since the 2011 season and just their third overall since 2007.
• Over the last 8 season, each team was four of the eight series that have been played.
A-STATE AGAINST RANKED OPPONENTS
• Arkansas State is 11-36 all-time against opponents who have been nationally ranked.
• The Red Wolves most recent victory over a ranked team came during the 2013 season with a 15-14 victory over No. 25 Troy.
• Since 2003, A-State is 8-17 against ranked opponents at Tomlinson Stadium. The most recent home victory over a ranked opponent was during the 2012 season in a 10-5 victory over No. 22 Ole Miss.
• The highest ranked team A-State has defeated was No. 2 Ole Miss in 2008. A-State defeated the Rebels 7-5 in Oxford.
• The No. 2 Ragin' Cajuns are the highest ranked team to ever play at Tomlinson Stadium. The previous high was No. 17 Ragin' Cajuns in 2005.
BAKER RUNS WILD ON THOROUGHBREDS
• In two games against Murray State this season, Austin Baker has a tremendous amount of success.
• He has totaled eight RBIs, seven hits and 18 total bases in those two games and set school records for total bases in a single home and tied the school record for home runs in a single game with 3.
ANY BATTER AT ANY TIME
• Through 45 games this season all 13 of 17 Red Wolves with an at-bat this season have at least two RBIs in a single game and all 17 have at least one RBI on the year.
• In addition, 13 of 17 Red Wolves with an AB this season have recorded multiple hits in a game. A-State has 37 multi-RBI games and 82-multi hit games.
DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME
• A-State head coach Tommy Raffo has gone 32-36-1 in the month of May since arriving at the school.
• The Red Wolves went 11-4 in th month in 2011-12 and advanced to the finals of the SBC Tournament.
NUMBERS NEVER LIE
• A-State is having one of its best seasons at the plate in recent memory by averaging 9.31 hits per game, the most since the 2011 season when the team averaged 9.49 per game.
• The team's 1.87 doubles per outing are also the most since 2010 (1.90).
• The Red Wolves are also scoring more runs and are averaging right at 6.00 runs per game, the most since 2010 when scored 6.50 runs per game.
NO PLACE LIKE THE TOM
• A-State has made Tomlinson Stadium one of the toughest places to play in the SBC this season.
• The Red Wolves are 17-7 are home this season and 8-1 in conference play when playing on Kell Field.