Nettleton Intermediate Center on its way to completion - KAIT Jonesboro, AR - Region 8 News, weather, sports

Nettleton Intermediate Center on its way to completion

JONESBORO, AR (KAIT) – The halls of the new Nettleton Intermediate Center may be full of students by January.

The facility is around 81,000 square feet and will house grades 3 through 5. Facilities Director for the Nettleon School District Ron Cooper said things are going very well.

“We've been very pleased in spite of weather,” said Cooper. “We've had a very wet winter, very wet spring, and an unusually cool, wet summer. Everything's on schedule and we've been very pleased.”

Cooper also said they believe the project will be complete by Christmas, and will have students moved in during Christmas break.

Copyright 2014 KAIT. All rights reserved.

 

  • Region 8 News</span><a class="customMoreLink" href="/Global/category.asp?C=4391" target="_top">More >></a>Region 8 NewsMore>>

  • Nucor to build new steel mill in central Missouri

    Nucor to build new steel mill in central Missouri

    Wednesday, November 22 2017 8:00 AM EST2017-11-22 13:00:04 GMT
    (Source: Raycom Media)(Source: Raycom Media)

    Steel producer Nucor is building a steel mill in the mid-Missouri city of Sedalia.

    Steel producer Nucor is building a steel mill in the mid-Missouri city of Sedalia.

  • Foundation to adopt a family for Christmas

    Foundation to adopt a family for Christmas

    Tuesday, November 21 2017 11:40 PM EST2017-11-22 04:40:57 GMT
    Tuesday, November 21 2017 11:55 PM EST2017-11-22 04:55:13 GMT
    (Source: Keeunna Watson)(Source: Keeunna Watson)

    A foundation in honor of a Jonesboro who died from epilepsy is finding a way to serve another family in need for Christmas.

    A foundation in honor of a Jonesboro who died from epilepsy is finding a way to serve another family in need for Christmas.

  • Family safely makes it out of house fire in Matthews, MO

    Family safely makes it out of house fire in Matthews, MO

    Tuesday, November 21 2017 11:47 PM EST2017-11-22 04:47:04 GMT
    source:  Raycom Mediasource: Raycom Media

    According to an official with the Matthews Volunteer Fire Department, a family was inside the home when the fire started in an upstairs bathroom.

    According to an official with the Matthews Volunteer Fire Department, a family was inside the home when the fire started in an upstairs bathroom.

Powered by Frankly