Buffer catches clothes on fire in Kmart - KAIT Jonesboro, AR - Region 8 News, weather, sports

Buffer catches clothes on fire in Kmart

JONESBORO, AR (KAIT) -

An act of cleaning led to the temporary evacuation of the Jonesboro Kmart.

The Jonesboro Fire Department responded to a fire at Kmart around 8 a.m. Monday. Fire officials tell Region 8 News an employee was buffing the floor when the exhaust pipe on the machine got too close to a rack of clothes, causing them to catch fire.

The sprinkler system then activated and employees evacuated the store.

No injuries were reported and there was no structural damage done to the store.

Employees were seen returning to work shortly after our crew arrived on scene.

Copyright 2014 KAIT. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly