MOUNTAIN HOME, AR (KAIT) - It took investigators 2 months to build a case against a suspected drug dealer.
But it took the 45-year-old Mountain Home man just 2 hours to get out of jail.
Following a two-month investigation, on Tuesday law enforcement officers from multiple agencies, including the Mountain Home Police Department, served a search warrant on a Dyer Street apartment.
According to Chief Carry Manuel, officers found three pounds of marijuana, hallucinogenic mushrooms, loaded firearms, and more than $20,000 in cash.
They also found Mark Allen Bland and arrested him without incident.
Bland was charged with:
- Delivery of a Schedule VI controlled substance,
- Delivery of a Schedule III controlled substance,
- Distribution of a controlled substance near certain facilities (church),
- Possession of a Schedule IV or V controlled substance with purpose to deliver,
- Possession of drug paraphernalia, and
- Simultaneous possession of drugs and firearms.
Bland was booked into the Baxter County Detention Center at 12:01 p.m. His bond was set at $50,000.
Two hours later, at 2:10 p.m., he was released.
Arkansas State Police and the 14
Judicial District Drug Task Force assisted Mountain Home police in the investigation, search and arrest.