Owner says heat lamp may have caused house fire - KAIT Jonesboro, AR - Region 8 News, weather, sports

Owner says heat lamp may have caused house fire


Multiple fire crews were called to 200 Craighead County Road 756 Thursday morning to battle a fire that destroyed a home. Crews were called to the home just before 8 a.m.

A sheriff's deputy at the scene spoke with the homeowner who said he was alerted to the fire by his daughter, according to a report by the Craighead County Sheriff's Department. He told the officer the house was full of smoke as they got out of it taking some of their dogs with them.

The man told the deputy the fire may have started from a heat lamp on the back porch, according to the incident report.

Both the man and his daughter were treated by paramedics for smoke inhalation while being interviewed by the deputy.

Copyright 2014 KAIT. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly