Chimney collapses during Jonesboro home fire - KAIT Jonesboro, AR - Region 8 News, weather, sports

Chimney collapses during Jonesboro home fire

JONESBORO, AR (KAIT) -

A home fire on Sunday night shut down streets in Jonesboro for several hours.

Jonesboro fire crews were called out to a home on the intersection of Main and Nettleton at around 6:30 p.m.

Fire crews closed Main Street from College to Nettleton while they worked on the fire. Jonesboro police officers were on scene detouring drivers.

Captain Tom Johnson with JFD said one man was home, but he was able to get out safely.

Six fire trucks battled the blaze from the outside of the home. Captain Johnson said it was unsafe for crews to go inside the home because the chimney collapsed.

Copyright 2014 KAIT. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly