JONESBORO, AR (KAIT) - Just hours after knocking down a house fire Thursday night, Jonesboro fire crews were called back to the scene Friday morning.
Shortly after 10 a.m. several fire trucks responded to a rekindled house fire in the 1600-block of Dupwe in west Jonesboro.
Battalion Chief Brett Winstead of the Jonesboro Fire Department said the rekindle was "just as bad" as Thursday night's fire.
He stated the previous fire had been caused by a cigarette igniting a couch on the back porch.
Winstead said he was "not sure" what rekindled the fire.
Jonesboro police shut down the street while fire officials battled the fire.