Icy weather in Region 8 impacts drivers - KAIT Jonesboro, AR - Region 8 News, weather, sports

Icy weather in Region 8 impacts drivers

WALNUT RIDGE, AR (KAIT) -

Parts of Region 8 experienced winter weather Sunday morning.

Several road and business signs were icy but the roads weren't.

Many residents in the Walnut Ridge area said most of the problems they encountered with traveling Sunday happened at home.

“My doors were frozen shut and my windows were covered in a sheet of ice. I had to de-ice the doors and windshield before I could even get into the cars,” Leslie Ripley said.

She said she had a little scare while getting into her car.

“In the driveway where I stepped out and went to get in the car I slipped a little bit,” Ripley said.

Donna Pinkston, said her mother had a similar accident.

“She wanted to go get her paper and she just about fell in her carport on her sidewalk,” Pinkston said.

Drivers said whatever was frozen Sunday morning was melted by the time they decided to hit the road.

“All I experienced was just the wet roads, no ice where I was driving at,” Sarah Hudson said.

“When we got to church there was just a little ice but it melted by the time church was over,” said Ricca Brady.

Ripley said she's afraid her commute home may be more slippery.

“I know I don't want to be out and have to experience it because I don't drive good on ice. It kind of scares me,” she said.

Copyright 2015 KAIT. All rights reserved.

MO man killed in weekend motorcycle crash

Monday, June 25 2018 7:22 AM EDT2018-06-25 11:22:15 GMT
    Monday, June 25 2018 7:33 AM EDT2018-06-25 11:33:00 GMT
    (Source: AP Graphics Bank)(Source: AP Graphics Bank)
    (Source: AP Graphics Bank)(Source: AP Graphics Bank)

A man driving a motorcycle was killed over the weekend in Missouri.

A man driving a motorcycle was killed over the weekend in Missouri.

Region 8 counties in top ten highest teen birth rates in Arkansas

Sunday, June 24 2018 9:15 PM EDT2018-06-25 01:15:02 GMT
    Sunday, June 24 2018 9:19 PM EDT2018-06-25 01:19:03 GMT
    Poinsett and Mississippi rank high in teen birth rate. (Source: KAIT-TV)Poinsett and Mississippi rank high in teen birth rate. (Source: KAIT-TV)

A study recently showed Poinsett and Mississippi counties in the top ten highest teen birth rates in the state.

Man killed in Missouri crash

Sunday, June 24 2018 10:19 AM EDT2018-06-24 14:19:27 GMT
    Sunday, June 24 2018 10:32 AM EDT2018-06-24 14:32:32 GMT
    Missouri State Highway Patrol (Source: Missouri State Highway Patrol Facebook page)Missouri State Highway Patrol (Source: Missouri State Highway Patrol Facebook page)

A Southeast Missouri man was killed in a single-vehicle crash in Stoddard County, according to an online crash report from the Missouri State Highway Patrol.