JANUARY 21, 2005 - Posted at 7:40 a.m. CST
LITTLE ROCK, AR - An Arkansas soldier now back in Iraq after failing to win a short-term court order in opposition to the Army's active-duty extension policy apparently wants to stick with his service duties.
An Arkansas National Guard spokeswoman said Thursday that Specialist David Qualls of Morrillton had volunteered for another six-year stint in the National Guard.
Qualls and seven other soldiers filed suit last month, when Qualls was home on leave.
The suit challenged the military's "stop loss" policy, which allows the extension of active-duty deployments during times of war or national emergencies.
National Guard spokeswoman Captain Christine Munn says Qualls had volunteered for additional service. She said she wasn't sure if Qualls would qualify or if he would be able to collect a $15,000 bonus.