JONESBORO, AR (KAIT) - Afraid that they might not get paid, the Arkansas State Highway and Transportation Department has pulled 56 construction projects, including several in Region 8, from consideration.
The AHTD blamed “uncertainty of federal-aid reimbursements available from the Federal Highway Trust Fund” for the withdrawals.
The estimated value of the projects withdrawn from April's opening bid is more than $112 million, including $50 million authorized by the Arkansas Highway Commission, according to a news release from AHTD.
This brings the total number of projects withdrawn from the 2015 bid openings to 61.
Projects in Region 8 counties that are among those withdrawn include:
- Clay: Boydsville-East (overlay)
- Craighead: Old Bridger Rd.-Paragould Dr. in Jonesboro (overlay)
- Cross: Gum Slough-Wolfpen Slough (overlay and shoulders)
- Independence: CR 80 (Antioch Rd)-South city limits Cave City
- Independence: Hwy. 69-West (overlay)
- Jackson: Hwy. 17-Hwy. 367 (overlay)
- Lawrence: Lake Charles State Park-Powhatan (overlay)
- Mississippi: BNSF railroad-end State Maintenance/Armorel (overlay)
- Poinsett: Terrel Rd. Overpass-St. Francis River (overlay)
- Randolph: South of Maynard-Hwy. 166 (overlay)
- Stone: South Sylamore Creek-East (passing lane)
- Stone: Sylamore Creek-White River (overlay)
- Woodruff: Hwy. 145-Hwy. 64 (overlay)