Arkansas toddler burned by acid at park

Arkansas toddler burned by acid at park

BENTON, AR (KAIT) - Benton police said they're investigating after a child was burned by an unidentified, bottled liquid while playing at a park.

One of the 17-month-old child's parents told officers Wednesday night that the toddler had picked up a bottle containing a red liquid at Tyndall Park.

Police say some of the substance spilled onto the child's arm.

The child was taken to a hospital for treatment after the toddler's arm blistered about an hour and a half later.

Authorities found the plastic bottle and they say testing of the liquid has determined it was some type of acid.

Police don't believe that the child was hurt intentionally.

An investigation is ongoing.

Copyright 2015 KAIT. All rights reserved.