House fire destroys part of garage and attic - KAIT Jonesboro, AR - Region 8 News, weather, sports

House fire destroys part of garage and attic


A house fire in south Jonesboro Thursday night destroyed part of the garage and attic, according to the fire department.

Fire Battalion Chief Tim Rowell said they were called out to the 5600-block of Greenbrook Curve, shortly before 9:25 p.m.

Even though the flames moved quickly to the top of the home, Rowell said 3 people inside were not injured.

A report on the incident indicates the fire started from a can of cigarette butts that caught a wall on fire.

The home isn't a total loss and the family will be able to move back in once repairs are made to the garage and attic.

Copyright 2015 KAIT. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly