Caraway house fire started by space heater, chief says - KAIT Jonesboro, AR - Region 8 News, weather, sports

Caraway house fire started by space heater, chief says

(Source: KAIT) (Source: KAIT)
(Source: KAIT) (Source: KAIT)
CARAWAY, AR (KAIT) -

An early-morning house fire in Caraway may have started from a space heater.

Fire crews responded to a fully-involved house fire at 599 N. New York Ave. around 5:30 a.m.

The home was vacant at the time of the fire and no injuries were reported. It took firefighters 6 hours to put out the blaze.

Those associated with the home tell Region 8 News the fire started in the back bedroom.

Caraway Fire Chief Scott Browning said the fire started from a space heater that may have been placed too close to a bed.

Browning also said a good rule of thumb when using space heaters is to keep them 3 feet away from anything flammable.

Copyright 2015 KAIT. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly