Blue Bell Creameries announced they will take on an intensive cleaning program while they conduct a new training plan for their employees at all 4 production facilities on Monday.
Ice cream that is produced starting Monday will be used to test and gather information and will not be sold to the public.
"We've always worked to make the very highest quality ice cream," said Blue Bell CEO and President Paul Kruse. "We intend to make a fresh start and that begins with intensive cleaning and enhanced training. This is a paradigm shifting event at Blue Bell and we want to put in place new systems to drive continuous improvement."
Blue Bell said their training and future improvements include:
· Highly aggressive cleaning techniques.
· Increased actions focused on sanitation and cleanliness.
· Strengthening of standard operating procedures.
· Enhancements to its preventative maintenance program.
· Equipment design changes.
The company recalled all of its products last week due to a listeria contamination.