Non-hazardous mold found at Jonesboro pre-school - KAIT Jonesboro, AR - Region 8 News, weather, sports

Non-hazardous mold found at Jonesboro pre-school

JONESBORO, AR (KAIT) - Mold found in a Jonesboro daycare caused some panic from parents.

Specks of mold were found under the carpet in one room at the Apple Tree Pre-School on Dan Avenue. 

The Craighead County Health Department was called out of precaution, and the inspector said the mold isn't hazardous.

Rebecca Hensley is the director of the Apple Tree Pre-School and said the children are their priority.

Hensley said that is why they are replacing all of the carpet immediately and have sealed off the room.

She said all the parents have been contacted and made aware of the incident, but all of the children and employees are okay.

Copyright 2015 KAIT. All rights reserved.
  • Region 8 News</span><a class="customMoreLink" href="/Global/category.asp?C=4391" target="_top">More >></a>Region 8 NewsMore>>

  • breaking

    Man's body found in apparent homicide, Major Case Squad activated in Butler Co., MO

    Man's body found in apparent homicide, Major Case Squad activated in Butler Co., MO

    Monday, May 21 2018 5:08 AM EDT2018-05-21 09:08:57 GMT
    (Source: KFVS)(Source: KFVS)
    (Source: KFVS)(Source: KFVS)

    According to Sheriff Mark Dobbs, the body was found lying at the edge of a county road in the eastern part of the county.

    According to Sheriff Mark Dobbs, the body was found lying at the edge of a county road in the eastern part of the county.

  • Young boys treat their moms to date night

    Young boys treat their moms to date night

    Sunday, May 20 2018 10:17 PM EDT2018-05-21 02:17:00 GMT
    Sunday, May 20 2018 10:44 PM EDT2018-05-21 02:44:23 GMT
    (Source: KAIT)(Source: KAIT)
    (Source: KAIT)(Source: KAIT)

    The dance floor was hot Sunday evening at a Jonesboro Kappa League event.

    The dance floor was hot Sunday evening at a Jonesboro Kappa League event.

  • Storm causes building collapse, trapping 2 people

    Storm causes building collapse, trapping 2 people

    Sunday, May 20 2018 8:41 PM EDT2018-05-21 00:41:35 GMT
    Sunday, May 20 2018 8:46 PM EDT2018-05-21 00:46:07 GMT
    (Source: Earle Fire Department via Facebook)(Source: Earle Fire Department via Facebook)
    (Source: Earle Fire Department via Facebook)(Source: Earle Fire Department via Facebook)

    The Earle and Crawfordsville Fire Departments responded to a building collapse that trapped two people in Crittenden County Sunday.  

    The Earle and Crawfordsville Fire Departments responded to a building collapse that trapped two people in Crittenden County Sunday.  

Powered by Frankly