Home that caught on fire was struck twice by lightning - KAIT Jonesboro, AR - Region 8 News, weather, sports

Home that caught on fire was struck twice by lightning

Scene of fire (Source: Brian Lee) Scene of fire (Source: Brian Lee)
Scene of fire (Source: Brian Lee) Scene of fire (Source: Brian Lee)
Scene of fire (Source: Brian Lee) Scene of fire (Source: Brian Lee)
Scene of fire (Source: Brian Lee) Scene of fire (Source: Brian Lee)
MANILA, AR (KAIT) - Firefighters and emergency crews responded to a house fire in Manila behind Harold's Discount Furniture Friday.

The fire was at a home on Amber Lane in Manila.

On Monday the owner of the home, Greg Stallings, said  his house was struck by lightning 2 times when it caught fire. 

Stallings said his family was not in the house at the time. 

He said he already knows what he plans to do with what is left of his home.

"I'm just waiting for everything to get settled and get it tore down and build it back," Stallings said.

Stallings was thankful for the support the Manila community has shown.

He said they have received offers from people that included everything from clothes to shelter.

Copyright 2015 KAIT. All rights reserved.

  • Region 8 News</span><a class="customMoreLink" href="/Global/category.asp?C=4391" target="_top">More >></a>Region 8 NewsMore>>

  • Cash Police Department still stopping speeders

    Cash Police Department still stopping speeders

    Friday, September 22 2017 7:20 PM EDT2017-09-22 23:20:05 GMT
    Friday, September 22 2017 7:49 PM EDT2017-09-22 23:49:09 GMT
    (Source: KAIT)(Source: KAIT)

    The Cash Police Department in continuing to deal with speeders on Highway 226.

    The Cash Police Department in continuing to deal with speeders on Highway 226.

  • Son burned at football practice, mom raises awareness

    Son burned at football practice, mom raises awareness

    Friday, September 22 2017 7:28 PM EDT2017-09-22 23:28:37 GMT
    Friday, September 22 2017 7:47 PM EDT2017-09-22 23:47:06 GMT
    (Source: Anonymous)(Source: Anonymous)

    A Nettleton Junior High football player found himself burned in practice Wednesday after doing a drill on the surface of a hot track. His parent, who was outraged in the beginning, is now praising the school district for their quick actions to solve the problem.

    A Nettleton Junior High football player found himself burned in practice Wednesday after doing a drill on the surface of a hot track. His parent, who was outraged in the beginning, is now praising the school district for their quick actions to solve the problem.

  • BRTC Paragould campus to offer new welding course

    BRTC Paragould campus to offer new welding course

    Friday, September 22 2017 7:03 PM EDT2017-09-22 23:03:58 GMT
    Friday, September 22 2017 7:20 PM EDT2017-09-22 23:20:08 GMT
    (Source: KAIT)(Source: KAIT)

    Black River Technical College's Paragould campus has added a new welding course after seeing a need for more welders in the area.

    Black River Technical College's Paragould campus has added a new welding course after seeing a need for more welders in the area.

Powered by Frankly