Fire causes damage to home in Lake City

Fire causes damage to home in Lake City

LAKE CITY, AR (KAIT) - Firefighters worked several hours to put out a house fire in Lake City.

Lake City Fire Chief Chris Snyder told Region 8 News the two-story home is located on Tupelo Street. Crews were called out to the home at 11:56 p.m. Tuesday.

Snyder said those inside were able to get out safely and no injuries were reported.

The fire started from an electrical box located in a closet, according to Snyder. Flames reportedly went through the roof of the home.

Though the home is still standing it is not livable, Snyder said.

Crews worked four hours to put out the blaze.

Copyright 2015 KAIT. All rights reserved.

Region 8 News App - Install or update on your: iPhone | Android