Jonesboro man convicted of first degree battery of a four month - KAIT Jonesboro, AR - Region 8 News, weather, sports

Jonesboro man convicted of first degree battery of a four month old

Paul M. Suchey Jr. (Source: Craighead County Sheriff's Office) Paul M. Suchey Jr. (Source: Craighead County Sheriff's Office)
JONESBORO, AR (KAIT) -

A Jonesboro man was convicted of first degree battery Wednesday after a two-day trial.

Paul M. Suchey Jr., 31, was sentenced to 35 years in the Arkansas Department of Corrections for battery of his then four-month-old child.

On September 2, 2013, Suchey's wife came home from work and found that their baby had a swollen head and was crying uncontrollably.

According to a press release from Prosecuting Attorney Scott Ellington's office, the child was taken to the St. Bernards emergency room and treated for a depressed skull fracture.

Suchey was questioned about the child's injuries and said that the child may have hit his knee while being rocked, then later said the child may have been injured after accidentally hitting the doorframe of the bedroom.

Suchey would not say anything else and was arrested.

The child was later taken to LeBonheur Children's Hospital in Memphis for further treatment.

Copyright 2015 KAIT. All rights reserved.

Region 8 News App - Install or update on your: iPhone | Android

  • Region 8 News</span><a class="customMoreLink" href="/Global/category.asp?C=4391" target="_top">More >></a>Region 8 NewsMore>>

  • Foundation to adopt a family for Christmas

    Foundation to adopt a family for Christmas

    Tuesday, November 21 2017 11:40 PM EST2017-11-22 04:40:57 GMT
    Tuesday, November 21 2017 11:55 PM EST2017-11-22 04:55:13 GMT
    (Source: Keeunna Watson)(Source: Keeunna Watson)

    A foundation in honor of a Jonesboro who died from epilepsy is finding a way to serve another family in need for Christmas.

    A foundation in honor of a Jonesboro who died from epilepsy is finding a way to serve another family in need for Christmas.

  • Family safely makes it out of house fire in Matthews, MO

    Family safely makes it out of house fire in Matthews, MO

    Tuesday, November 21 2017 11:47 PM EST2017-11-22 04:47:04 GMT
    source:  Raycom Mediasource: Raycom Media

    According to an official with the Matthews Volunteer Fire Department, a family was inside the home when the fire started in an upstairs bathroom.

    According to an official with the Matthews Volunteer Fire Department, a family was inside the home when the fire started in an upstairs bathroom.

  • Combating depression during the holidays

    Combating depression during the holidays

    Tuesday, November 21 2017 11:23 PM EST2017-11-22 04:23:14 GMT
    Tuesday, November 21 2017 11:41 PM EST2017-11-22 04:41:49 GMT
    (Source: KAIT)(Source: KAIT)

    The holiday season is usually a time of happiness and enjoyment with family and friends, but that can be different for some suffering from a mental health illness.

    The holiday season is usually a time of happiness and enjoyment with family and friends, but that can be different for some suffering from a mental health illness.

Powered by Frankly