JONESBORO, AR (KAIT) - If you've ever wanted to learn how to make Chicago-style pizza or real New England clam chowder, then grab your apron and hit the road.
ASU-Newport's Jonesboro campus will begin its Great American Road Trip, featuring the best tastes our country has to offer, with "East of the Mississippi."
The class, which will be held at the Fowler Family Hospitality Services Facility from 6 until 9 p.m. Thursday, Aug. 27, will teach participants the basics of preparing the following dishes:
- Fried shrimp with cocktail sauce
- Chicago-style pizza
- Vermont cheddar cheese sampler
- Clam chowder
- Barbecue ribs and pulled pork, with Memphis- and Carolina-style barbecue sauces
- Pimento bacon mac and cheese
- Collard greens
- Boston crème pie
- Key lime pie
The class fee is $50 and includes all supplies and food items required to prepare and cook all of the above items.
Just bring an apron and appetite. All of the items prepared will be sampled following the class.
For more information or to register for the class, email Jessica Wrenfrow, director of hospitality services.
Upcoming 2015 culinary experiences scheduled include:
- Sept. 24-Great American Road Trip: West of the Mississippi
- Oct. 15-Soup’s On
- Nov. 5-Dream of Candy
- Dec. 3-Christmas Around the World
Copyright 2015 KAIT. All rights reserved.