Downtown business closed after fire to reopen Monday

Downtown business closed after fire to reopen Monday

JONESBORO, AR (KAIT) - A business in Downtown Jonesboro will reopen next week, after closing because of the recent fire on Union Street.

Kori Garner and her boyfriend Daniyal Partovi lived in a loft on Union Street that caught on fire July 30.

Luckily, their dog was helped out of the building to safety while they were out of town for Garner's father's funeral, but they lost everything to the flames.

They also own the Partovi’s Gyro and Falafel food stand downtown, but were forced to close after the fire while they figured out what to do next.

According to their Facebook page, the Gyro stand will reopen for business Monday.

"So ready to see everyone," the post read.

The food stand is located on Main Street.

Copyright 2015 KAIT. All rights reserved.

Region 8 News App - Install or update on your: iPhone | Android