Lottery winner plans for a 'bit of fun' - KAIT Jonesboro, AR - Region 8 News, weather, sports

Lottery winner plans for a 'bit of fun'

(Source: KAIT) (Source: KAIT)
CHERRY VALLEY, AR (KAIT) -

In addition to paying bills, a local lottery winner says he also plans to have a “bit of fun” with his money.

James Maples of Cherry Valley won $50,000 from the Arkansas Scholarship Lottery.

Maples bought his winning $20 “200 X The Money” game ticket at the Circle N Exxon in Wynne.

When he picked up his prize, Maples told lottery officials “he plans to put the prize toward paying bills and a bit of fun.”

Copyright 2015 KAIT. All rights reserved.

Region 8 News App - Install or update on your: iPhone | Android

  • Region 8 News</span><a class="customMoreLink" href="/Global/category.asp?C=4391" target="_top">More >></a>Region 8 NewsMore>>

  • Nucor to build new steel mill in central Missouri

    Nucor to build new steel mill in central Missouri

    Wednesday, November 22 2017 8:00 AM EST2017-11-22 13:00:04 GMT
    (Source: Raycom Media)(Source: Raycom Media)

    Steel producer Nucor is building a steel mill in the mid-Missouri city of Sedalia.

    Steel producer Nucor is building a steel mill in the mid-Missouri city of Sedalia.

  • Foundation to adopt a family for Christmas

    Foundation to adopt a family for Christmas

    Tuesday, November 21 2017 11:40 PM EST2017-11-22 04:40:57 GMT
    Tuesday, November 21 2017 11:55 PM EST2017-11-22 04:55:13 GMT
    (Source: Keeunna Watson)(Source: Keeunna Watson)

    A foundation in honor of a Jonesboro who died from epilepsy is finding a way to serve another family in need for Christmas.

    A foundation in honor of a Jonesboro who died from epilepsy is finding a way to serve another family in need for Christmas.

  • Family safely makes it out of house fire in Matthews, MO

    Family safely makes it out of house fire in Matthews, MO

    Tuesday, November 21 2017 11:47 PM EST2017-11-22 04:47:04 GMT
    source:  Raycom Mediasource: Raycom Media

    According to an official with the Matthews Volunteer Fire Department, a family was inside the home when the fire started in an upstairs bathroom.

    According to an official with the Matthews Volunteer Fire Department, a family was inside the home when the fire started in an upstairs bathroom.

Powered by Frankly