Clinic evacuated after fire and gas leak in Trumann - KAIT Jonesboro, AR - Region 8 News, weather, sports

Clinic evacuated after fire and gas leak in Trumann

TRUMANN, AR (KAIT) -

A business was evacuated after a fire and gas leak in Trumann Tuesday afternoon. 

According to Captain Revis Kemper with the Trumann Fire Department, they received a call around 2 p.m. concerning a brush fire behind the NEA Baptist Clinic. 

When they arrived on the scene, they found someone was burning brush from an old house and an excavator had hit a gas line nearby. 

The crew immediately put out the fire and as a precaution asked NEA Baptist Clinic employees to evacuate the building. 

Kemper said had the fire not been so close, his crews would have handled the situation differently. 

"Out of the ordinary was the fire, otherwise we would have just notified the occupants that there was a gas leak and that they may not want to be smoking or anything outside," Kemper said. "This having a fire outside with it, we wanted to go ahead and take the extra precautions and let them know this could be more serious." 

No one was injured.

CenterPoint Entergy arrived shortly after the fire was out to repair the gas line.

Kemper said business should be back to normal Wednesday. 

Copyright 2015 KAIT. All rights reserved.

Region 8 News App - Install or update on your: iPhone | Android

Powered by Frankly