Grease fire damages 3-story house in Jonesboro - KAIT Jonesboro, AR - Region 8 News, weather, sports

Grease fire damages 3-story house in Jonesboro

(Source: KAIT) (Source: KAIT)
(Source: KAIT) (Source: KAIT)
JONESBORO, AR (KAIT) -

A Jonesboro residence was damaged by an early-morning fire on Wednesday.

Fire crews responded to the three-story building in the 4500-block of Aggie Road near Prospect Farm Lane around 3:30 a.m.

No injuries were reported in the blaze, however a family was displaced and the American Red Cross is aiding them.

Fire officials at the scene say the fire started on the second floor in the kitchen. Moderate damage was reported to the third floor attic.

Division Chief of Fire Marshal Craig Davenport says a stove was left unattended and grease caught fire. Those in the house tried to put water on the fire and it spread.

Copyright 2015 KAIT. All rights reserved.

Region 8 News App - Install or update on your: iPhone | Android

Powered by Frankly