|Nonstick cooking spray|
4 corn tortillas (6 in.)
2 t. vegetable oil
6 large eggs
4 large egg whites
2 T water
1/4 t. black pepper, or to taste
1 C chopped red pepper
4 oz. ham or turkey
2 green onions (chopped)
sprinkle with cheddar cheese
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. Invert 4 small custard cups or ovenproof glasses on a baking sheet and coat the bottoms with cooking spray.
3. Brush each tortilla with 1/4 teaspoon oil, then cut 8 evenly spaced 2-inch deep slits around the edge.
4. Center each tortilla, oiled side up, on top of a cup, letting the cut edges drape down the sides.
5. Bake for 20 minutes or until crisp.
6. After tortillas have baked for 10 minutes, start the eggs.
7. In a medium-size bowl, beat together the eggs, egg whites, water, and black pepper.
8. Heat the remaining oil in a 10-inch nonstick skillet over moderately low heat.
9. Add the red pepper, ham, and green onions.
10. Cover and cook for 6 minutes or until softened.
11. Add the egg mixture and cook, uncovered, 3 minutes more, scrambling the egg lightly, until they are just set.
12. Remove the tortillas from the custard cups and invert them on 4 individual serving plates.
13. Fill each tortilla flower with the egg mixture and serve immediately. Top with salsa if desired.