White River Medical Center complex puts helipad project on hold - KAIT Jonesboro, AR - Region 8 News, weather, sports

White River Medical Center complex puts helipad project on hold

White River Medical Center complex puts helipad project on hold

CHEROKEE VILLAGE, AR (KAIT) - -

The White River Medical Center Complex's plan to add a helipad to the complex has been put on hold. 

Thursday night at the Cherokee Village City Council meeting, Mayor Russell Stokes, Jr. reported the funding source for the grant was out of funds. 

The project was postponed until 2016.

In October, Region 8 News told you of the complex's plan to add a helipad at the facility to expedite emergency needs to the area. 

The center wants to put the helipad behind the current facility.

The county can apply for the grant again in 2016, which requires the county to pay 90 percent. White River Medical has agreed to pay the other 10 percent, making it no-cost to taxpayers. 

According to bids in October, the project was estimated to cost around $122,000. 

  • Region 8 News</span><a class="customMoreLink" href="/Global/category.asp?C=4391" target="_top">More >></a>Region 8 NewsMore>>

  • Downtown businesses help out City Youth Ministries

    Downtown businesses help out City Youth Ministries

    Friday, November 17 2017 9:22 PM EST2017-11-18 02:22:20 GMT
    Friday, November 17 2017 9:55 PM EST2017-11-18 02:55:05 GMT
    (Source: KAIT)(Source: KAIT)

    The holidays are just around the corner and businesses in downtown Jonesboro spent Friday evening giving back to kids in the community.

    The holidays are just around the corner and businesses in downtown Jonesboro spent Friday evening giving back to kids in the community.

  • FCC to allow phone companies to block illegal robocalls

    FCC to allow phone companies to block illegal robocalls

    Friday, November 17 2017 9:40 PM EST2017-11-18 02:40:38 GMT
    Friday, November 17 2017 9:51 PM EST2017-11-18 02:51:13 GMT
    (Source: Pablo)(Source: Pablo)

    The Attorney General of Arkansas was successful in getting the Federal Communications Commission’s to allow phone companies to block illegal robocalls.

    The Attorney General of Arkansas was successful in getting the Federal Communications Commission’s to allow phone companies to block illegal robocalls.

  • Arkansas State University convention center coming soon

    Arkansas State University convention center coming soon

    Friday, November 17 2017 9:07 PM EST2017-11-18 02:07:11 GMT
    Friday, November 17 2017 9:47 PM EST2017-11-18 02:47:34 GMT
    (Source: KAIT)(Source: KAIT)

    After presenting a request to get their Embassy Suites Hotel and convention center up and running, the O’Reilly group received the green light from the Jonesboro Advertising and Promotions Commission. However, not without certain stipulations in that request.

    After presenting a request to get their Embassy Suites Hotel and convention center up and running, the O’Reilly group received the green light from the Jonesboro Advertising and Promotions Commission. However, not without certain stipulations in that request.

Powered by Frankly