PIGGOTT, AR (KAIT) - The Arkansas State Police Bomb Squad was called to Piggott after deputies say they found a pipe bomb inside a home.
On Monday, Clay County sheriff's deputies and Piggott police, acting on information about possible drug activity, executed a search warrant at the home on South 16th Avenue.
Sheriff Terry Miller said officers found "numerous baggies of methamphetamine, marijuana, weapons, numerous items of drug paraphernalia."
He said they also found a pipe bomb.
Deputies immediately called the ASP Bomb Squad to help them dispose of the incendiary device.
Officers arrested the following people:
- Randy Endicott, 34, of Piggott
- Kristen Endicott, 33, of Piggott
- Danielle Knight, 30, of Piggott
- Thomas Thorpe, 25, of Rector
- Timothy Creek, 33, of Granite City, IL.
The suspects face various charges, including:
- Felony possession of a controlled substance-methamphetamine with intent to deliver
- Felony possession of drug paraphernalia
- Misdemeanor possession of drug paraphernalia
- Possession of a controlled substance-marijuana
- Simultaneous possession of drugs and firearms
- Possession of a controlled substance without a prescription
- Possession of prohibited weapons
- Possession of a firearm by certain persons
- Felony endangering the welfare of a minor
Miller said the pipe bomb has been turned over to federal authorities and further charges may be forthcoming.
Copyright 2016 KAIT. All rights reserved.