Fire destroys Bono mobile home

Fire destroys Bono mobile home

CRAIGHEAD COUNTY, AR (KAIT) - A Thursday morning fire destroyed the inside of a Bono family's mobile home.

Bono Fire Chief Trent Edwards said the department was called out shortly after 10 a.m.

Edwards said when they arrived, the mobile home was filled with smoke.

He said the fire started after an electrical box located underneath the dining room table shorted out and caught fire.

The owner was able to turn off the electricity and get out of the home unharmed.

Copyright 2016 KAIT. All rights reserved.

Region 8 News App - Install or update on your: iPhone | Android