JONESBORO, AR (KAIT) - Have a little sake with your sushi.
Kimono Japanese Steakhouse, 270 Linwood Dr. in Paragould, received approval for a new private club permit.
Gary "Bud" Roberts, Alcoholic Beverage Control director, approved the restaurant's request after receiving no objections from public officials.
The permit is conditional upon completion of construction, receipt of health department approval, and a re-inspection by ABC Enforcement.
However, gaming machines and "questionable entertainment" led Roberts to deny a new beer on-premises permit for Rebel Time-Out, 2379 Hwy. 62/412 in Highland.
Citing objections by the chief of police, Roberts refused the permit application based on "gaming machines on the premises and questionable entertainment request for 'delivery' service."
The director granted permits to the following Region 8 businesses:
- CVS Pharmacy #10678, 1501 W. Kingshighway, Paragould—Beer off-premises and small farm wine retail permits
- Walmart Store #18, 1211 Hwy. 367 North, Newport—Beer off-premises and small farm wine retail permits
- Dollar General #13718, 1533 North 6th St., Blytheville—Small farm wine-retail
- Dollar General #11806, 3817 Hwy. 1, Cherry Valley—Small farm wine-retail
- Delta Crawfish, 4660 Hwy. 412 East, Paragould—Restaurant beer and wine
- Artisan Restaurant, 2178 Hwy. 62/412, Highland—Restaurant beer and wine
He also approved the following private club change of manager requests:
- On the Border, 2324 Red Wolf Blvd., Jonesboro
- Fox Creek BBQ Restaurant, 129 Lawrence St., Batesville
- Cheddar’s Casual Café, 2123 Red Wolf Blvd., Jonesboro
Copyright 2016 KAIT. All rights reserved.