Dryer to blame for house fire on Cenwood - KAIT Jonesboro, AR - Region 8 News, weather, sports

Dryer to blame for house fire on Cenwood

(Source: KAIT) (Source: KAIT)
JONESBORO, AR (KAIT) -

4:09 p.m. UPDATE:

Fire Marshal Jason Wills said the fire at 2011 Cenwood was "accidental."

Two people were home when the dryer caught fire.

Wills said one person suffered burns to their hands and a cat died.

The home suffered smoke and fire damage.


The Jonesboro Fire Department is responding to a house fire in the 2000-block of Cenwood, off Nettleton Ave.

Road is blocked, according to E911 Director Jeff Presley.

Our crew at the scene says there was smoke coming out of the back of the home, but no flames have been seen.

We will have more details as they become available.

Copyright 2016 KAIT. All rights reserved.

Region 8 News App - Install or update on your: iPhone | Android

Powered by Frankly