JONESBORO, AR (KAIT) - If the warmer weather in Region 8 has you excited for summer and planning your next tropical getaway, you're in luck.
TripAdvisor has released the best beaches in the U.S. and throughout the world, based on the number and quality of traveler reviews and ratings on their site. The ratings were gathered over a 12-month period.
Clearwater Beach in Clearwater, Florida was voted as the top beach in the United States, according to the travel agency.
The Top 5 for the U.S.:
- Clearwater Beach – Clearwater, Florida
- Lanikai Beach – Kailua, Oahu, Hawaii
- Siesta Beach – Siesta Key, Florida
- Saint Pete Beach – Saint Pete Beach, Florida
- Wai’anapanapa State Park – Hana, Maui, Hawaii
All of those destinations got beat out, though, when TripAdvisor compiled the list for the best beaches in the world.
The Top 5 across the globe:
- Grace Bay – Providenciales, Turks and Caicos
- Baia do Sancho – Fernando de Noronha, Brazil
- Playa Paraiso – Cayo Largo, Cuba
- Anse Lazio – Praslin Island, Seychelles
- Cayo de Agua – Los Roques National Park, Venezula
About 81% of travelers are expected to go on a beach vacation this year.
According to TripAdvisor's data, the beach activity that people will spend the most time doing is relaxing on the beach.
Other top activities include walking along the beach, swimming in the ocean, reading and snorkeling.
They also said Florida is the most popular place for beach getaways, with the Caribbean and Mexico coming in as second and third respectively.
Copyright 2016 KAIT. All rights reserved.