Southeast Missouri town in need of new tornado sirens - KAIT Jonesboro, AR - Region 8 News, weather, sports

Southeast Missouri town in need of new tornado sirens

(Source: KAIT) (Source: KAIT)
MALDEN, MO (KAIT) -

A small town in southeast Missouri hopes to gain funding in order to provide residents with a new tornado warning siren.

According to Marilyn Fiddler, city clerk of Malden, the current tornado sirens in the town are old and need to be updated. The Missouri Emergency Management Association is seeking a grant for new sirens.

Emergency Management Director Jim Hollingshad said receivers on two sirens do not work and they have to be operated manually.

Malden is currently on a Federal Emergency Management Agency notice of interest for a matching grant, which would allow for 75 percent of the project to be funded through federal grants with the remaining 25 percent to be funded by Malden.

Copyright 2016 KAIT. All rights reserved.

Region 8 News App - Install or update on your: iPhone | Android

  • Region 8 News</span><a class="customMoreLink" href="/Global/category.asp?C=4391" target="_top">More >></a>Region 8 NewsMore>>

  • Study will determine cost of possible Cold War museum in Blytheville

    Study will determine cost of possible Cold War museum in Blytheville

    Tuesday, August 21 2018 11:11 PM EDT2018-08-22 03:11:33 GMT
    Tuesday, August 21 2018 11:27 PM EDT2018-08-22 03:27:45 GMT
    Study will determine cost and resources needed to create museum. (Source: KAIT-TV)Study will determine cost and resources needed to create museum. (Source: KAIT-TV)
    Study will determine cost and resources needed to create museum. (Source: KAIT-TV)Study will determine cost and resources needed to create museum. (Source: KAIT-TV)

    A structural design study is bringing the idea of a Cold War museum a little closer to a reality.

    A structural design study is bringing the idea of a Cold War museum a little closer to a reality.

  • City council votes to deed library building to MCLS

    City council votes to deed library building to MCLS

    Tuesday, August 21 2018 10:46 PM EDT2018-08-22 02:46:29 GMT
    Tuesday, August 21 2018 11:05 PM EDT2018-08-22 03:05:20 GMT
    City council passes resolution to deed building to MCLS. (Source: KAIT-TV)City council passes resolution to deed building to MCLS. (Source: KAIT-TV)
    City council passes resolution to deed building to MCLS. (Source: KAIT-TV)City council passes resolution to deed building to MCLS. (Source: KAIT-TV)

    A resolution passed unanimously and now puts a Region 8 public library one step closer to its goal.

    A resolution passed unanimously and now puts a Region 8 public library one step closer to its goal.

  • The Imperial Dinner Theatre making comeback after flood

    The Imperial Dinner Theatre making comeback after flood

    Tuesday, August 21 2018 10:05 PM EDT2018-08-22 02:05:33 GMT
    Tuesday, August 21 2018 10:25 PM EDT2018-08-22 02:25:07 GMT
    Repair work on the Imperial Dinner Theatre in Pocahontas after floods (Source: KAIT)Repair work on the Imperial Dinner Theatre in Pocahontas after floods (Source: KAIT)
    Repair work on the Imperial Dinner Theatre in Pocahontas after floods (Source: KAIT)Repair work on the Imperial Dinner Theatre in Pocahontas after floods (Source: KAIT)

    A Pocahontas theatre that was heavily damaged during the Spring 2017 flood is making a comeback.

    A Pocahontas theatre that was heavily damaged during the Spring 2017 flood is making a comeback.

Powered by Frankly