JFD works grease fire Thursday night

Matthews Fire
(Source: KAIT)
(Source: KAIT)
(Source: KAIT)
(Source: KAIT)

JONESBORO, AR (KAIT) - The Jonesboro Fire Department worked a fire Thursday night.

It happened in the 500-block of West Matthews around 8:30 p.m. in the kitchen of an upstairs apartment.

A resident told Region 8 News that it was a grease fire.

"We were sitting on the couch watching the debate and we heard the neighbors upstairs running around upstairs," Zach Kitchens said. "We were kind of confused as to what was going on. Next thing we know he was banging on the door telling us to get out of the house it was on fire"

Nobody was injured in the fire.

Copyright 2016 KAIT. All rights reserved.

Region 8 News App - Install or update on your: iPhone | Android