Van bursts into flames in church parking lot

Van on fire off of Hwy 351
Van engulfed in flames (Source: KAIT)
Van engulfed in flames (Source: KAIT)
Van engulfed in flames (Source: KAIT)
Van engulfed in flames (Source: KAIT)

JONESBORO, AR (KAIT) - A van overheated and caught fire in a church parking lot Saturday, just hours after a man bought it.

According to the Jonesboro Fire Department, the van caught fire in the Family Fellowship Church parking lot, 2441 Old Greensboro Road.

The driver reportedly just bought the vehicle and it was his first time driving it.

On his way home the driver thought the engine was hot, so he pulled over and the van burst into flames.

Fire officials said upon arrival the smoke was so dark and thick they could not tell where the fire was coming from.

One firefighter confirmed the fire was not intentional and there were no injuries.

Copyright 2016 KAIT. All rights reserved.

Region 8 News App - Install or update on your: iPhone | Android